The K-T District Convention and Leadership Conference is only 2 months away.
Come together with Superheroes of Service from all around the Kentucky-Tennessee Key Club District at the Franklin Marriott – Cool Springs in Franklin, Tennessee!
Why should you attend?
- Enjoy Keynote Speaker, Judson Laipply, creator of the Evolution of Dance
- Learn the Evolution of Dance
- Provide service to true American heroes through the convention service project
- Learn new ways to serve in your community
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Enjoy the many sights and attractions of the Nashville area
- Elect new District Key Club leaders (Run for office and be one of those new leaders)
- Spend the weekend in a beautiful hotel in a great city.
Enjoy all this and much more! The registration deadline is February 22nd.
A registration packet was mailed to all clubs at the school address. The registration packet is also available on our website at www.ktkey.org.
Make plans now to attend.Print Me
Update on the K-T District Tour to Anaheim.
The K-T District Convention is just around the corner, but here is an update on the K-T District Tour to the Key Club
International Convention (ICON) this summer in Anaheim, California.
Those traveling on the tour will leave Sunday afternoon, June 29 from Nashville, International Airport, and return to Nashville, Sunday, July 6. A tour registration and information form can be accessed at www.ktkey.org in the links on the left-hand-side of the page.
To view a short presentation about the district tour, click on the video above or go here.
This year Key Club International is providing an Event Sponsorship Toolkit to give you ideas and resources on how to raise money to attend the convention. You can access the Event Sponsorship Toolkit at: www.keyclub.org.
I hope to see you in Franklin, Tennessee for the district convention and in Anaheim for the Key Club International Convention.Print Me
A 2014 K-T District Convention Registration packet has been mailed to your school the week of December 1, 2013. If you need more copies, you can download the entire package or just the form or information sheet that you need. ALL of the files are in the Portable Document Format (PDF).
Call to Convention
Convention Registration Form (Please note the registration deadline of February 22, 2014. We understand that things come up forcing individuals to cancel, and we make effort to honor requests for refunds. However, due to guarantees that we must make, we cannot guarantee refunds for requests made after the deadline.)
Medical Release -Code of Conduct (Bring 3 copies of this completed and signed form to convention)
Outline Agenda for the Convention
Service Fair & T-Shirt Swap Information and Registration Form (Contact Dylan Gatete for details – email@example.com)
The Convention Code of Conduct (Easier to read format – Pay particular attention to the dress code.)
Information on RUNNING FOR DISTRICT OFFICE
Rules for Campaigning for District Office
Sample Caucus Questions
International Convention Contest Entry Forms (Also available at www.keyclub.org)
- Achievement Report (1st, 2nd, & 3rd Places will be awarded for District winners. A fillable pdf of the Achievement Report is available at www. keyclub.org)
- Single Service Award Form
- Major Emphasis Program Award
District Contest Entry Forms
- Life’s A Highway (Man-Mile) Award
- Kiwanis Family Award
- Outstanding Key Clubber
- Best All Around Key Clubber
- Outstanding Kiwanis Advisor
- Outstanding Faculty Advisor
- Outstanding Club Secretary
- Rondal D. Hart Outstanding Club President
Ronald McDonald House Awards
- Most Money Raised by a Club
- Club Service Award
- Individual Service Award
- Don’t Forget-Bring your Pop Tab Totals. Contact Dylan Gatete for details (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Information for the following Contests:
- Oratorical Contest (No pre-registration required, show up at time of contest)
- Impromptu Contest (No pre-registration required, show up at time of contest)
- Talent Contest (No pre-registration required, show up at time of tryouts)
- Year in Review (Scrapbook) Contests (Cost Sheet included for submission with the scrapbook)
- Club Video Contest (includes Entry Form to submit with the video)
- Poster Contests (includes Entry Form [for Digital and Non-Digital] to submit with the poster)
Applications for Scholarships
- Andy Hutson Scholarship
- K-T District Key Club Scholarship Application Form (This application is for the Matching Scholarship and the Ira R. Gladson K-T District Foundation Scholarship of Excellence)
- Visit www.keyclub.org for other scholarship opportunities.
The deadline for all entries except the Life’s a Highway Award is 10 PM Friday of the convention.
The deadline for the Life’s a Highway Award is 10 am Saturday.
There was an issue with the link to the district convention registration form on the website. The original link directed you to the 2010 Convention registration form. This problem has been corrected and the link now directs you to the 2014 form.
If you downloaded a District Convention Registration Form from the link on the website, BE SURE IT IS THE 2014 REGISTRATION FORM.
The header of the correct form reads:
CLUB REGISTRATION FORM
Kentucky-Tennessee District Key Club Convention and Leadership Conference
March 21st – 23rd, 2014, the Franklin Marriott-Cool Springs, Franklin, Tennessee
If the dates on the form you downloaded are different from this, you need to download the form again. You can download the information here.
We apologize for the inconvenience.Print Me
Here is the November 2013 edition of the Editor’s Express. Board members and club bulletin editors/historians or other positions of the sort are recommended to read this.
This issue covers Division Council Meetings, dues, the district project, Key Club Week, Mid-year Membership Drives, and information on what goes in the LT. Governor’s December newsletters.
Editor’s Edition November 2013 (2.2 MB)Print Me